Destination: Asian Food at the Festival Mall
Wherever one goes in Asia, the uniqueness of every country’s cuisine hits the palate of the adventurous traveller. There’s nothing quite like the kick of spicy kimchi, the simple but scrumptious flavor of hakaw, or the refreshing sweetness of haluhalo.
For travelers seeking to make their destination Asian food, there’s no need for visas or plain tickets! Right in the center of Alabang’s Filinvest City, where the city’s heart beats, is Festival Mall, home to an awesome variety of Asian restaurants. Check out these five restaurants and taste the flavors of Asia!
- Cafe Seolhwa | The Cook by Hongleepark masterfully fuses Korean cooking with Italian cuisine. It offers a range from starters like Pork Steak Salad, to the customer favorite spicy Kimchi Pilaf, not for the faint of heart (and taste buds). Stay post-meal for Cafe Seolhwa’s famous bingsu, which includes the traditional Injeolmi Bingsu which makes use of a variety of roasted nuts and Korean blackbean powder. Located at the Lower Ground Floor (LGF), Water Garden area.
- All4U Unlimited Grill and Shabu Shabu makes things simple and straightforward, letting customers dive right in and enjoy the best of Korean cuisine. For a promo price of Php 599 per head, customers get unlimited shrimp, chicken breast, pork belly, and beef brisket with a bowl of soup, bottomless iced tea and unli rice, side dishes, and sauce! Pay All4U a visit at the Upper Ground Floor, Expansion Wing to enjoy the unlimited goodness of Korean barbecue.
- Skewered by Phatchick specializes in skewered dishes from different countries. It’s not just the concept that’s unique to Skewered; its interiors are also creatively designed to resemble the inside of a ship. Among their must-try skewers are the Flame Torched Beef Salpicao, made from imported beef tenderloin cooked in the salpicao marinade that we Filipinos love. Also try Skewered’s Pork Meatballs, which are homemade, hand-rolled pork meatballs cooked Chinese-style. Located at the LGF, Expansion Wing.
- Kitchen Nine’s all-Chinese menu features dishes for sharing like Number 9’s Special Wagyu Steak or Number 9’s Grilled Fish, respectively A13 and A14 on the menu. For the more adventurous foodies, try out the Stir Fried Pork Liver, which is A65 on the restaurant’s menu. Try Kitchen Nine’s fantastic Chinese dishes at the River Park!
- Pho Hoa is perfect for frequenting because not only is the Vietnamese food great; it’s also healthy! Their space at Festival Mall’s River Park lets customers enjoy a nice view while dining, making it an ideal weekend date spot.
Start the meal with Goi Cuon, which are fresh spring rolls that you can choose to get as a vegetarian dish or with shrimp and pork. A foolproof order for beginners is the Pho-Noodle Soup, like the Pho Chin, Nam, which has “chin” or brisket and “nam” or beef flank. Have a bit of fun with it by adding basil, bean sprouts, and hoisin sauce to make the soup even richer!
Festival Mall is a Filinvest Lifemall and a premier development in Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City. It is the only mall with five anchor stores: Shopwise Supercenter, SaveMore, Robinsons Department Store, Ace Hardware and Handyman. It has over 700 shops, almost 4,000 parking slots, various food outlets, and indoor amusement rides. The community’s needs and passions find balance at Filinvest Lifemalls, where the city’s heart beats.