Spruce up those minimalist walls
“Less is more” is a design principle that has never been more true and relevant than today, as more and more people have gone back to the basics, adapting a more minimal lifestyle.
While these are great principles to achieving classic scandinavian or rustic interiors in a contemporary setting, it does not mean your decor has to be plain or dull. With no major renovation required, you can transform your walls from drab to totally fab with these few handy tips and tricks:
- Mirrors dazzle. Mirrors make small and narrow rooms look bigger and wider because reflection creates an illusion of extra space. But don’t settle with the typical square ones–mix and match various shapes and sizes to truly reflect your style.
- Vertical greens. Lift some of your small and light plants from the floor and hang them on floating shelves or from the ceiling. Not only will this save space but will also add life and greenery to help boost your mood and productivity.
- Shapes on your wall. If you are a certified Home Buddy, you most probably have come across this DIY gold or black geometric feature wall craze. Just simply measure your wall and draw lines using a pencil, and once you are okay with the outline, trace it with a metallic paint marker or foil tape (if you opt for easy redesign).
- Paint a mural. For aspiring artists, this is your chance to unleash your creativity. Gather your art materials and create a wall mural to add a bit of color in your blank space. If you are a bit iffy on the idea of painting directly on your walls, you can paint on a canvas, frame it, and set up your own gallery wall instead.
- Install wood look light panels. Add a natural feeling to your home with a free-form ambient lighting fixture to create a minimalist wall decor and consider Nanoleaf Elements Wood Look Hexagons. Nanoleaf’s newest smart decor is made to look beautiful on or off with its refined wood grain texture (in both look and feel) and balanced neutral tone to complement any aesthetic.
Without having to drill into your walls, add dimensions and create a one-of-a-kind art installation by arranging these panels in any layout you desire. Elements come with unique preset lighting Scenes that create a warm ambience in your home, like a crackling “Fireplace” or “Calming Waterfalls” to help you unwind at the end of the day. With the Nanoleaf App, you can easily adjust the lighting from cool to warm, create Schedules to automatically turn lights on and off, and even paint panels individually as well as each panel’s corner for truly dynamic effects.
You can also create your own dynamic lighting Scenes in the Nanoleaf app. In addition to Scenes by Nanoleaf and your own artist creations, enjoy thousands of existing Scenes in the app created by other Nanoleaf Community members.
With the Circadian Lighting feature, sync up your lights with sunlight to help rebalance your body’s natural rhythms, boost productivity, and improve quality of your sleep. And the best part about these panels is they can be controlled with just a tap through its touch-enabled technology. Voice command is also a viable option as they are compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, and IFTTT integrations.
With these five tips, you can easily elevate a minimalist space to something more sophisticated. By simply dressing up your walls, you can refresh, relax, and rebalance not only your home but also your mind and body.